Attend our “public” IDI Qualifying Seminar—To be licensed to use the IDI in your organization or school Learn More...
Schedule a “private” IDI Qualifying Seminar in your school or organization Learn More...
Engage IDI, LLC consulting services to help you create a unique blueprint for cultural competence Learn More...
Discover our IDI Products Learn More...
- Home - IDI LLC, owned and operated by Mitchell R. Hammer, Ph.D. specializes in the assessment and development of intercultural competence based on the Intercultural Development Inventory® (IDI®).
- Our Company - IDI, LLC manages the Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI), www.idiinventory.com. Our company is a division of Hammer Holdings, a woman-owned company that also includes (1) Hammer Consulting, LLC —offering the Intercultural Conflict Style (ICS) Inventory, www.icsinventory.com
- Products - The Intercultural Development Inventory® (IDI®) assesses intercultural competence—the capability to shift cultural perspective and appropriately adapt behavior to cultural differences and commonalities. Intercultural competence has been identified as a critical capability in a number of studies focusing on overseas effectiveness of international sojourners, international business adaptation and job performance, international student adjustment, international transfer of technology and information, international study abroad and inter-ethnic relations within nations. The Intercultural Development Inventory is a 50-item questionnaire, available online that can be completed in 15–20 minutes.
- IDI Qualifying Seminar - Attendance at an IDI® Qualifying Seminar and consent to a licensing agreement is required to use the IDI assessment. Participants will receive IDI handouts and materials that include detailed interpretive guidelines, and written descriptions of procedures. During the seminar…
- Consulting Services
- Success Stories - Educational institutions and organizations have achieved demonstrated results through the use of the Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI). This work is grounded in…
- Research Support - The Intercultural Development Inventory® or IDI® is a widely-used assessment of intercultural competence, with over 60 published articles and chapters and over 66 Ph.D. dissertations. The IDI has been rigorously tested and found to possess high cross-cultural validity and reliability…
- Resources - The IDI is a 50-item, theory-based instrument that can be taken either in paper and pencil form or online. The IDI is currently in fifteen languages (Arabic, Bahasa Indonesian, Chinese, Czech, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish).
- Why You Should Consider Using the IDI
- The IDI License Agreement
- IDI Sample Group Profile Report
- IDI Sample Individual Profile Report
- IDI Sample Individual, Intercultural Development Plan (IDP)
- Publications Related to the Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI)
- M.R. Hammer (2009) – IDI and Global Leadership in Organizations
- M.R. Hammer (2015): Clarifying Inaccurate Statements Characterizing the Intercultural Development Inventory in Matsumoto and Hwang (2013)
- M.R. Hammer (2011) – IDI Validation
- M.R. Hammer (2012) – IDI’s Impact in International Education
- M. Hammer, Ph.D., IDI Validity
- M.R. Hammer, Ph.D., Executive Summary AFS Study Abroad Assessment
- Contact Us