Public IDI Qualifying Seminars are conducted as an interactive online training over three (3) days for 4.5 hours per day in which participants are trained and licensed to use the Intercultural Development Inventory. Different start/end times are available when scheduling private IDI Qualifying Seminars.
In order to successfully complete the Qualifying Seminar (QS) and obtain an IDI Qualified Administrator (QA) license, attendance is required for the entirety of the seminar. Additionally, participants will need to complete preparatory work prior to and during the QS. This preparation will require approximately 3 hours of time leading up to the QS plus 1 hour of work during the evenings of both Days 1 & 2 of the seminar. This outside preparation is in addition to the three 4.5-hour sessions that constitute the IDI QS. Successful completion of these requirements and consent to the IDI License Agreement is required to use the IDI Assessment.
The QS is hosted on Zoom with each registered participant being sent information to access the event on the scheduled date and time. Please contact IDI, LLC directly at email@example.com at least two weeks prior to the seminar to request any accommodations such as ASL interpreters, CART captioners, etc. During the seminar, participants will:
- Gain proficiency in using the IDI for increasing intercultural competence for individuals, teams, and organizations
- Learn how the IDI differs from traditional measures of intercultural competence
- Learn how to interpret individual and group IDI profiles of intercultural competence
- Practice giving IDI Profile Report debriefs in supportive role-play scenarios
- Provide and receive an IDI Individual Debrief with a fellow QS participant using their own IDI results
- Receive introductory training to use the Intercultural Conflict Style Inventory®
Attendance at an IDI® Qualifying Seminar and consent to the IDI License Agreement is required to use the IDI Assessment as an IDI Qualified Administrator.